FE fundinfo recognises its responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. The company is committed to reducing its environmental impact across all regions where it operates. Continuous improvement of our environmental performance forms an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, which is reviewed regularly. The company encourages customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
We consider open communication about environmental issues to be a corporate duty and obligation.
We inform our employees about problems affecting the environment and motivate them to think and act in an environmentally conscious manner.
Every member of staff is made aware of the company’s approach to the environment as part of their induction and Office Managers/Administrators monitor compliance. All employees have a responsibility to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
UN Principles in Responsible Investment
We signed the UN Principles in Responsible Investment in 2013. We therefore take into account the importance of sustainability not only in the core FE fundinfo business, but also in our investments. We believe that companies that adopt a strategic approach to dealing with ESG issues will enjoy future competitive advantages. By implementing PRI in our sustainable investment approach, we want to drive forward sustainable business practices actively and transparently, while encouraging other market participants to do the same.
To meet our commitment we will:
- Comply with all relevant regulatory requirements
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance wherever possible
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions
- Increase employee awareness through communication and training
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office
- We will reduce packaging as much as possible
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible
- We will use electronic signature software where possible
- We will only print hardcopies of documents where necessary
Energy and Water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used wherever possible
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use
- Heating will be adjusted with effective energy consumption in mind
- Energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of equipment and products used/purchased by the business
- We will prioritise products that are more environmentally friendly and efficient wherever possible
- We will reuse and recycle wherever possible
- Business travel will be planned to ensure that it is only undertaken where absolutely necessary
- We will promote the use of Teams/video-conferencing as travel alternatives
- We will make efforts to promote the use of public transport/bicycles/walking/car-share where possible
Maintenance & Cleaning
- We will use cleaning products that are as environmentally friendly as possible
- We will use upcycling where possible in terms of office refurbishment and ensure that anything new is as environmentally friendly as possible
- We will ensure that waste is disposed of by licensed and appropriate organisations to minimise environmental impact
Monitoring and Improvement
- We will comply with regulatory requirements and review to ensure that we improve the company’s environmental performance where possible
- We will review training to ensure that it is meeting the objectives of this policy
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy to assist greater commitment and performance
- We will update the policy at least annually in consultation with staff and other relevant stakeholders where necessary
- We will look to use local labour/materials wherever possible to help reduce CO2 and assist the local communities where the business operates