Reporter - Trustnet (2)
Investment research website Trustnet is looking for a reporter with an interest in funds, investment trusts, markets and economics.
Who we are:
FE fundinfo is a global leader in investment fund data and technology. By making our industry Better Connected and Better Informed, we support investment decisions worldwide. We create market-leading products and provide innovative solutions that ensure investors have access to trusted and timely data anywhere, at any time.
Working with leading asset managers and distributors globally, we are uniquely positioned in the investment industry thanks to the quality of our data and extensive network. Every day, more than 5,000 clients rely on us for their data, which include fund managers, life and pension providers, banks, insurers and financial advisers.
With more than 800 experts working from over 15 countries, we believe in bringing trust, connectivity, and innovation to the fund industry.
At FE fundinfo, we are proud of our vast, diverse and highly skilled team, and we are always looking for talented people who want to grow with us.
For more information, visit fe-fundinfo.com.
Investment research website Trustnet is looking for a reporter with an interest in funds, investment trusts, markets and economics. You will be instrumental in helping investors understand how issues such as the Covid pandemic, climate change and politics move the market and affect their portfolios.
As an enthusiastic team player, the successful candidate will be part of the friendly but ambitious editorial team behind the Trustnet website and Trustnet Magazine. The role involves writing news and research articles about investments, drawing together industry contacts, FE fundinfo’s investment data, news releases and third-party research to explain what’s happening in the market.
Investment might sound like a complicated subject matter, but we would welcome a reporter new to the area who is keen to learn from our in-house training and the support of the wider FE fundinfo business, which is the UK’s leading fund data and analytics provider. The most important thing is that you have boundless curiosity, an interest in finance and a passion for quality journalism.
You will be a self-starter who is brimming with fresh ideas and keen to innovate. We have a collaborative environment, where we bounce ideas off each other and work together to develop some of the industry’s best content. We don’t just want you to churn out press release after press release – you will be encouraged to run with any ideas for new story formats, pieces of research or editorial products with as much support as you need.
In this role, you will eventually become equally comfortable interrogating a fund manager running billions of pounds as you will analysing a spreadsheet looking for market trends. This isn’t as intimidating as it sounds! Investment is a truly interesting area, full of talented and friendly people, and you will be crafting journalism that is unique in our industry.
- Covering investment, market and economic news
- Writing longer features on funds and investments
- Building a strong contacts book and representing Trustnet as a core member of the company’s public-facing staff
- Supporting the continued growth of Trustnet through new content ideas, promotion on social media and helping to build the audience
Key Skills and Attributes
- Previous experience or qualification in journalism is preferred, but not essential. You don’t have to know anything about investments on day one or be a seasoned news hound – just be eager to learn
- Strong writing skills, confidence with numbers and an ability to work to deadlines. We want someone who loves writing and is passionate about crafting interesting, engaging articles for their readers
- Excellent interpersonal skills. You will be dealing with people at all levels within the asset management industry, including some of the best fund managers in the country and CEOs of the industry’s biggest firms
We are proud to foster an environment where our teams can bring their best selves to work and operate in a welcoming, stimulating and inclusive culture.
Our team of 800+ people is constantly growing, making a difference to our clients and partners every day from our offices in Australia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Germany, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Poland, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, and the UK.
FE fundinfo is the right company for you if you want to:
- Join an industry leader yet work in a fast-growing, agile and innovative organisation
- Make a difference and use your entrepreneurial spirit
- Be part of a global and diverse team of highly-skilled experts
- Experience a friendly, inclusive and supportive working environment
- Learn and develop yourself
Our Commitment to our teams:
- Career Development
- Training & Learning (access to LinkedIn Learning)
- Health & Wellbeing
- Sustainability agenda
What our people across the globe say about FE fundinfo:
- “Fast-paced like a start-up, challenging and interesting”
- “Great work / life balance in a flexible and supportive atmosphere”
- “Exciting to be working for a well-recognised brand in the industry”
- “Working on the latest tech in a quickly evolving environment”
- “Sense of togetherness even when working virtually”
- “Highly varied tasks with many avenues to explore”
- “Multicultural feel, open and inclusive”
- “Incredible breadth of expertise – really enjoying the collaboration and knowledge sharing”
- “A place to grow along with the company”
Want to know more about Life @FEfundinfo? Check our Glassdoor profile.
Competitive reward package, role full-time (37½ hours per week) split between our London office and home-from-working (flexibility on split and subject to Covid restrictions).
Have we sparked your interest?
To make further enquiries or apply please contact:
Rebecca Spink, HR Advisor
T / 01483 71 1881 E / [email protected]