The 6th FE fundinfo Financial Adviser Survey
This FE fundinfo research was conducted throughout November & December 2020 and January 2021. It consisted of 45 questions and was completed by 250 financial advisers over this period. It spanned a broad range of subjects including the impact of the Covid 19 pandemic, business drivers, revenues, new business opportunities and overheads for firms, regulatory changes, trends in investing, outsourcing and this year with a particular focus on retirement propositions and ESG investing.
- 58% of advisers feel more positive about their business outlook than 12 months ago
- Regulation still tops the charts as being the largest business concern, followed by cost pressures, exacerbated by rising PI premiums
- Covid-19 has prompted greater remote working and investment in technology to serve clients, potentially bringing in more efficient ways of working
- 65% of advisers now actively incorporate ESG factors into their investment propositions, or plan to do so imminently
- Two thirds of advisers report an increase in the amount of client money invested in ESG over the past 12 months
- Advisers still feel their clients lack a full understanding of what ESG investing entails and some of the contradictions that may exist
- The implementation of centralised retirement propositions has increased during 2020
- There remains a shortage of products and solutions to support retirement advice and there is a growing need to help clients stretch smaller pots over longer life expectancies
Read the full reportComplete the form to download the report today for an in depth look at the business of being an adviser, the impacts of the pandemic, increasing regulation, increasing business costs, changes in investment and retirement strategies, trends in outsourcing and the ascendancy of ESG.
Our Managed Portfolio Service enables you to confidently recommend risk-targeted portfolios to your clients, while we look after the underlying investment decisions, reporting, regulation and governance. Click the video to learn more about our award-winning service.