FE fundinfo recognises its responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. The company is committed to reducing its environmental impact across all regions where it operates. Continuous improvement of our environmental performance forms an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, which is reviewed regularly. The company encourages customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
We consider open communication about environmental issues to be a corporate duty and obligation.
We inform our employees about problems affecting the environment and motivate them to think and act in an environmentally conscious manner.
To meet our commitment we will:
• Comply with all relevant regulatory requirements
• Continually improve and monitor environmental performance wherever possible
• Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts
• Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions
• Increase employee awareness through communication and training
• We will minimise the use of paper in the office
• We will reduce packaging as much as possible
• We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products
• We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible
• We will use electronic signature software where possible
• We will only print hardcopies of documents where necessary
Energy and Water
• We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used wherever possible
• Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use
• Heating will be adjusted with effective energy consumption in mind
• Energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account
• We will evaluate the environmental impact of equipment and products used/purchased by the business
• We will prioritise products that are more environmentally friendly and efficient wherever possible
• We will reuse and recycle wherever possible, including responsible disposal of electronic waste
We recognise that travelling to meet clients and colleagues in other offices for face-to-face meetings can be highly valuable for business purposes and can yield demonstrable benefits. However, to support our commitment to the environment, we also commit to:
• Promoting the use of Teams/video-conferencing as travel alternatives
• Making efforts to promote the use of public transport / bicycles / walking / carshare where possible
Maintenance and Cleaning
• We will use cleaning products that are as environmentally friendly as possible
• We will use upcycling where possible in terms of office refurbishment and ensure that anything new is as environmentally friendly as possible
• We will ensure that waste is disposed of by licensed and appropriate organisations to minimise environmental impact
• We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy to assist greater commitment and performance and encourage employees across locations and functions to contribute to our environmental agenda through generating ideas and driving change as we continue to share best practices and evolve our approach
• We will look to use local labour/materials wherever possible to help reduce CO2 and assist the local communities where the business operates
We review and update this policy at least annually.